Church was good, a woman speaker again who did a great job talking about the parable of the ten virgins and being ready for Jesus to come again. Max again asked me over for Sabbath lunch and we made rice and a tomato/squash topping and also had beans. One pot of rice Davona made had a bit of curry in it and it was delicious. I think I'm actually getting more open with trying foods I usually don't like. Well, I guess I do like curry, but usually it's too hot for me. But yesterday when Max asked me over for lunch I happily ate the baked tomato and spinach pizza (traditionally I have not been fond of tomatoes, for those of you who don't know me so well) and today I had no problem eating the rice topping. I think I mostly could eat the tomatoes because the texture and taste is so different baked or in a fried sauce than fresh. Anyway, I find it interesting.
In the afternoon Staci and Mariah played beauty parlour in my room and I got a mini makeover, haha. Mostly they put lotion on my hands and covered my lips with lip gloss. Then, later on, Staci came back to my room and asked me if I wanted to go on a hike with her family. I agreed and it turned out that it was just Staci, Brendon and I, but we had a good hike through the jungle. Brendon brought along a machete just in case we met any slithering beasts who might have wanted to taste us, but we didn't and I was happy (I used the stamping-feet method of hiking so that might have helped keep the snakes away). In the evening I brought some leftovers over to the CoL apartment and ate supper with the girls there and then we looked at pictures of what some of the girls had done that afternoon (visiting in some not-too-far-away villages) and then we talked and ate cookies that Danielle made. It was a great end to the Sabbath.
PS - I somehow accidentally saved a blog post from last Wednesday instead of publishing it, so here it is if you'd like to read it. Sorry!

4 comments:
Warm showers sound great. I am glad yours is working now . Kind of interesting that you are finaly eating tomatoes . Now that is progress!!!!!!
Hurray for a warm shower!!! Is it getting cold there, or still warm?
I'm glad you're starting to like tomatoes now. I simply couldn't live without them! But I know what you mean. When I was in Israel, I was more open to trying new things, mostly because I was just hungry, and I ended up liking most of what I tried. :)
Do you have any pictures of the jungle?
"mount" Hey! A real word!!
Yayyy! That's awesome that your shower works now! Haha great now that it's getting warmer outside anyway, huh? :)
Interesting about tomatoes, we'll have to see what happens in the future... maybe you'll be a tomato eater yet! :P
i always told you kids that when you grew up you would love the things you did not enjoy as kids...
i see it is happening... I just wish I had never ever learned to enjoy using sour cream.
well, actually i do not use it too much any more.
glad about your shower. seems like even in the hottest spots it still feels good to have a nice hot shower if you want one.
glad you are not scared to stomp in the woods and have kid make overs in your room. all sounds like an adventure.
Post a Comment