Ugali

Today I had ugali (I think that's how you spell it) for lunch with the albinos. It is a Tanzanian dish that I only had for the first time on Sunday when Shae made it and let me try some. The ugali is made from cornstarch (I think or at least something like that) and eaten with one of three side options: cabbage, greens, or something else that Shae told me but I can't remember. Haha, wow, this is a very ambiguous post so far, eh? Anyway today we had the ugali with cabbage, just like I had on Sunday. It was good, but I definitely like the cabbage better than the actual ugali. It's just kind of tasteless and bland, I feel. I'd rather eat the cabbage with rice or something like that. Oh and you eat it with your fingers, so that's pretty fun. I was glad I had had the opportunity to learn how to correctly eat ugali on Sunday before being put to the test today. Thanks Shae and the rest of you CoL volunteers who taught me!

2 comments:

Jonathan Gerrans said...

Hmm, sounds rather interesting...

Stephen said...

i remember that stuff. i avoided it like the plague. something about the general lack of taste....

Post a Comment