But now my feelings have flip-flopped. I'm living in the middle of absolutely gorgeous green jungles. Giant Mt. Meru (the fifth tallest mountain in Africa, I've heard) overlooks our small campus. And there's always Mt. Kilimanjaro to try to spot from within her veil of clouds. But, probably for the first time ever, I miss people more than places. I miss my parents, my siblings, my boyfriend, my friends (both at home and at Southern), my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I miss everyone even though I have a great base of new friends in the other volunteers living on campus with me. And I know that, when I leave, I'll miss them just as much as I miss those currently in North America.
Tonight I was reading some of my friends blogs and someone posted this video. So now, after watching it again for the first time since the Winter Games, I miss everyone and everything. I deeply miss all my people back home AND I miss beautiful British Columbia. As much as I love living in Africa, how in the world will I survive here for seven more months??

3 comments:
You poor dear girl. We miss you too so very much. Remember we pray for you every single day and this lonesomeness too will pass.
We miss you too, Ali. I know it probably doesn't help, but it's true (especially for me!).
hi
well, i am thankful that you do miss us... well, not that you are homesick, but that you realize the value of all of us here back at home...
i think it helps us grow even more when we have times like these in our lives and makes us more needful of Jesus too.
love you
Post a Comment