Posted by
Ali
Last night after eating my supper over at the CoL apartment Danielle started brainstorming ideas for their Wednesday night joint meal (on Sunday and Wednesday nights the Cradle volunteers have agreed to all prepare and eat supper together). She said that I should join in, too. I agreed and promptly suggested burritos, which I've been craving off and on for at least three weeks, almost as a joke since I knew we had no tortillas to use for the shells. But the other volunteers thought it was a good idea and so we decided to have chapati burritos. Shae started getting the beans ready last night, Ashley started making chapatis an hour and a half before supper time, Shae (and Danielle?) made the rice, Danielle fried peppers and onions for the filling and the rest of us did other assorted helpful things (setting the table, cleaning up afterward, supplying some of the ingredients). By the time we sat down to supper, we (the North Americans) were overly excited to try out the meal. We weren't disappointed. It was delicious, although the soft chapatis did have a tendency to want to rip. Still, the burritos were amazing and the European girls agreed that it was a really great meal. I almost wish I was still eating it, but I ate so much I couldn't possibly fit anything else into my stomach. I hope we have that meal again...soon and often!
3 comments:
i think im going to try this!
Haha nice, glad you got to eat some burritos at long last! I'd be interested to try those sometime :)
nummm nummmm
Post a Comment