Now, even several hours after work ended, my brain is still tired. But that might have something to do with coming straight back to my room and going right to work on finishing up the Southern Accent Stylebook. I got it done and am soooo happy now! It's finished and backed up and e-mailed off to the Accent editor just in time for their third newspaper editing session of the school year (yeah I know it's later than they wanted, but hey, at least they have it now). Hopefully the files all got there...I haven't got any confirmation yet, but I guess she'll let me know when she's got a second. I know from experience that Tuesdays are pretty hectic if you're on the Accent staff.
I haven't let you know yet, but I thought now was a good time. I bought a treat last Friday. Gouda cheese! Unfortunately the grocery store I shopped at didn't have any smoked Gouda, but plain Gouda is a plenty good substitute. This cheese is infinitely better than the cheddar I bought during my first week here. I was not impressed with that stuff at all. So now I'm writing this blog post between mouthfuls of potato bun and Gouda cheese. It's delicious and I'm happy. Accent Stylebook done. Check. Eating Gouda. Check. Ahhh, now I can relax until I start my next personal project: putting together my home church's bimonthly (unless that means twice a month) newsletter. Now if I could just motivate people enough to send in some submissions to work with...
PS - Injustices really bother me. Especially since coming here and learning about the plight of the Tanzanian albinos.
PS - Injustices really bother me. Especially since coming here and learning about the plight of the Tanzanian albinos.

4 comments:
alison, sounds like a blast! I miss gouda... I turned vegan, and i have very mixed feelings about not eating cheese. I don't know seth, but, i wish i was going to mwansa to!
oh... also, congrats on the style book. i hope they put it to good use. They need to.
I am truly amazed at your writing ability. I think you inspire me. Keep up the great work. Just remember, the older you get, the faster time seems to go.
Keep up the good effort on those proposals! I know you can do it! :)
Also glad you have gouda now, I think I'll have some today in celebration! :)
Post a Comment