Although nothing seemed out of the ordinary, a few seconds after closing the door I noticed that my table had been moved slightly closer to the wall. I got suspicious, but didn't see anything missing (and other than my laptop, which was lying on the bed, most of my valuables were stored behind doors in my clothes cupboard). Then I walked into my washroom and saw that it was even cleaner than I had left it that morning. All of a sudden I felt spoiled. I had seen the doors to the other cottages half open and it dawned on me that they were being cleaned and aired out. The lady who takes care of the kitchen and laundry room must also clean the cottages. It was a nice surprise and I feel just a little bad for the girls in the Cradle apartment. I don't think they get any help cleaning their place. Now, if only that lady could cook for me instead of clean...
Also, I created a new page to keep track of my very slowly expanding Swahili repertoire. I hope to update it weekly with the new words or phrases I've learned. Feel free to check it out whenever you want by clicking the "Swahili" link at the top right of my blog. You might be able to learn some Swahili, too. And then we could talk to each other in front of other people and they'd have no idea what we were saying! (Haha, can you tell that I've always wanted to be able to do that?)
Also, I created a new page to keep track of my very slowly expanding Swahili repertoire. I hope to update it weekly with the new words or phrases I've learned. Feel free to check it out whenever you want by clicking the "Swahili" link at the top right of my blog. You might be able to learn some Swahili, too. And then we could talk to each other in front of other people and they'd have no idea what we were saying! (Haha, can you tell that I've always wanted to be able to do that?)

5 comments:
haha then you would really be spoiled... but is cooking really THAT much worse than cleaning? I'd rather cook than clean any day, though not by 50 times...
OK, well maybe not THAT much worse, but for me cleaning is therapeutic while cooking is stressful. Yeah, I know...I'm weird, haha.
LOL. I personally would prefer cooking to cleaning, but to each her own. :)
That's a good idea! I look forward to learning Swahili vicariously.
so why can you make such good food when you are into cooking at times then... like Christmas day or at Fairmont?
i know what you mean though... we all have our dislikes and favourite things
glad you had a nice surprise
Mom, cause at those times other people are there to interact with. It's not so stressful then, but rather lots of fun. All by yourself, though, cooking is quite dull... Cleaning, on the other hand, is much more fun to do as a solo activity.
Post a Comment