Last night, just before turning off my computer, I noticed a new e-mail in my inbox from the Africa Programs Coordinator for ADRA Canada. My heart sank as I found out that two parts of the proposal we had sent in last week needed more information ASAP before the deadline, which just happens to be today. I decided not to deal with it then, partly because I was tired and ready for bed and partly because all the files and information for the proposals were on my work computer in my office and I wasn't about to trek over there in the dark of night to work on it. Plus, ADRA Canada headquarters is seven hours behind us, which gave me a bit of extra time to work with. So this morning that's the first thing I worked on and it took me nearly until lunchtime to locate the correct websites with information on the various ministry policies. I still couldn't find a few pieces of information so I asked both the secretary and the project director. Neither had an answer for me, although the secretary said maybe I should e-mail Max and see if he knew. I returned to my office to do just that but also sent in what I had to ADRA Canada. In the afternoon I worked more on the ADRA Australia proposal for work with the Tanzanian albinos. The more I hear about the plight of this discriminated group of people, the more distressed I become. If you haven't heard about what's been happening to the albinos in this area just type Tanzania albinos into Google. There are plenty of articles to read, all of them quite disturbing. I find it especially odd to find that the albinos are being discriminated against and even killed because of the colour of their skin. How odd that it's a total reverse of the situation in North America several decades back where black people were the ones being discriminated against.
Tonight was a much needed distraction from the tediousness of my work. I took my supper over to the Cradle apartment and ate with the volunteers there. After supper I talked with most of the girls and then some of us watched "The Biggest Loser," which is actually the most motivational of all reality shows I've seen. Oh and I asked Danielle for her opinion on a good book to read from their bookshelf. I know she's read several since she's been here. She handed me a Christian romance, adding, "It's got a pretty good kiss in there." Haha, she cracks me up. I guess I'll see if I agree. At any rate it should keep my mind off of work during the evenings. I definitely need to get into doing other projects soon or I might go crazy. When, oh, when will these work visas come through?? I desperately need this Simon guy to get here and take some of the grant/proposal-writing load off my shoulders.

1 comments:
I hope he comes soon...
Post a Comment