In the morning I tried out a new shower technique: standing outside the shower and just leaning my head into the water to get it wet and wash it and then, once that was complete, getting all the way under to quickly finish up the rest of the washing. It was slightly less chilly so that was a plus. I hurried to finish the rest of my morning chores before rushing off to worship. Compared to only four people in worship yesterday, today there were eight or nine. Yona read from Psalms and Job and also translated for me. Then he asked me to do prayer, which slightly amused me because in the past three days three different people have led worship and all of them have asked me to do prayer. It hasn't been a problem any time, but it's just funny because those three people have each only attended the worship that they presented so there was no way of knowing that I had already prayed on other mornings. I think they were all trying to branch out and include me, which was nice of them.
Today we made huge headway on the ADRA Canada proposal and finished the two main documents we needed to send in. After spending the whole morning on that (as well as struggling with the security combination lock on my work computer...no one seems to know the correct code for it and I don't really want to waste time trying all the potential combinations), we sent those off and then turned our attention to another proposal we want to have finished by the deadline of Sept. 30. This one is for renewable energy so it's totally different than the ones we were working on. (Summary: ADRA Canada = community and maternal/young child health, keeping girls in schools and making sure children learn and grow up in safe environments. ADRA UK = empowering the Tanzania Albino Society. ADRA Australia = empowerment and micro finance, medical treatments and safe education for Albinos.) Next we read over the concept note that the grant writer, Simon, (who is stuck in Kenya until his work visa comes) wrote and then had some questions so did a lot of research and dialogue on the topic. Finally we were researched and idead out (yes, I just made idead a word) and Max had a meeting with someone so he let me leave work 45 minutes early, probably because he had kept me later last night.
I went back to my cottage, again accompanied by Staci and Mariah who had been hanging out in the office and we finished looking at my scrapbook. Then they ran off to see their mum when she came back from town and I set off for the kitchen to try my hand at warming up leftover rice and lentils on the stove. It worked marvelously and didn't actually take very long at all, although not quite as fast as a microwave would have been. But I have to say, I'm slowly getting used to the no microwave style of cooking. Who knows, by June I might actually have become a semi-alright cook.
Tonight I was able to chat with another of my friends, this time my orchestra stand partner from Walla Walla days who I haven't talked to for at least a year. It was great and we got caught up on each other's lives and promise to start e-mailing again.
Note: Some of you (Grandma, for one) might have noticed that the picture link at the top right of my blog has been rather pictureless so far. This is because I had to chose whether to post pictures on Facebook or on my blog. I wanted to do both, but since pictures take so long to upload and I didn't want to use more than my share of bandwidth, I chose Facebook. But today I decided that instead of reposting all the pictures that I've already included in my blog, I could just adjust the link to go straight to my Picasa web album for this blog where all the pictures are posted to anyway as soon as they appear here. So if you ever want to look at my picture again and can't remember which post they were on, fear not. They are right here. A simple click of the Pictures link at the top will take you to the folder every time. Enjoy! (And ignore the doubles...not sure how those happened but I'll try to fix that at some point.)

2 comments:
So interesting. I loved all your daily reports. Keep up the good work. I am reading Three cups of Tea and because it is about Tanzania, I find the book much more interesting. Keep up the good work.
Glad you found a way to stay warmish. :) You could also try washing your hair in the sink. My aunts used to do that since they have shorter and more manageable hair than I do--though it does appear rather uncomfortable.
Post a Comment