For the past month or more I've been trying to make a very important decision. Every time I thought I'd come to a conclusion something would make me reconsider and I'd be right back where I started. I made a list of pros and cons in my head. I talked to Jonathan, my parents, some of the other volunteers. But it wasn't until the shuttle ride back from Nairobi last weekend that I knew what I had to do and finally made up my mind.
The next step was talking to Max about my plan. All last week I tried to catch him in his office, but every time I went there he was in a meeting. Finally today he came to our office and I was able to tell him. To my surprise, he was actually pretty cool about it and even said, "I saw that coming. As soon as you got engaged I knew you'd be thinking about it."
I'm absolutely sure I made the right choice, but leaving a month early isn't going to be easy. I will feel very sorry to leave Simon sitting alone in the office until another volunteer is found to take over my position. And leaving Tanzania, the babies at Cradle and the other volunteers is going to be so hard. For my last month and a half in Tanzania, I'm going to make sure to treasure every moment.

3 comments:
So the decision is made. That is great. We will be waiting to see you. Hope all goes well and I know you will miss the folk there.
I hope you are able to enjoy to the fullest the last bit of your time there!
so now I'm caught up. Wowee.
Post a Comment