Simon took a two and a half week trip to visit friends and relatives in the U.K. and Ireland. I'm so glad he's FINALLY back and I don't have to sit in my office alone anymore. Not only was having Simon back a great treat, but he brought back treats as well! What a sweet guy, eh?
Yesterday when he got back to campus Simon told me he had visited Ann-Marie (who was my first, and only, roommate here for two weeks back in October) and she had sent treats back with him for the other volunteers and me. After work he gave me a box of carmel fudge and three tubes of Mini Eggs. Thanks so much Ann-Marie! We all shared the Easter treats and even made them last for several evenings :)
Then tonight Simon came up to the apartment while we were making/eating supper and brought a bag full of mini white and milk chocolate Toblerones! This is becoming a habit for Simon. The several other times he's gone on trips while working here at ADRA he's also come back with chocolate for us. Simon, thanks for always remember us ladies on your trips and for bringing us back delicious chocolate from far-off parts of Tanzania and the world!
And of course I have to mention the package we got a few weeks ago from Shae, who's been back in Florida since December. After living at Cradle for six months she knew exactly what we'd be wanting and stuffed a mailer bag full of needed household/kitchen items as well as many packs of Skittles. Thanks Shae for remembering what volunteers long for after months of being away from home!
A huge thank-you to all three of you for always remembering the rest of us, with both your thoughts and your treats!
In the past six and a half months I've learned it's the other volunteers on this campus who make living here worthwhile. I couldn't have survived here without them. To all the ADRA TZ and CoL volunteers who have been here since September, I love you guys! What am am I going to do without you when I leave? :(
Not to leave anyone out, a giant thank-you to the SAU SM office and all my family members and friends for sending many packages to Tanzania filled with sweets and other exciting items from home. I love you all, too!
Yesterday when he got back to campus Simon told me he had visited Ann-Marie (who was my first, and only, roommate here for two weeks back in October) and she had sent treats back with him for the other volunteers and me. After work he gave me a box of carmel fudge and three tubes of Mini Eggs. Thanks so much Ann-Marie! We all shared the Easter treats and even made them last for several evenings :)
Then tonight Simon came up to the apartment while we were making/eating supper and brought a bag full of mini white and milk chocolate Toblerones! This is becoming a habit for Simon. The several other times he's gone on trips while working here at ADRA he's also come back with chocolate for us. Simon, thanks for always remember us ladies on your trips and for bringing us back delicious chocolate from far-off parts of Tanzania and the world!
And of course I have to mention the package we got a few weeks ago from Shae, who's been back in Florida since December. After living at Cradle for six months she knew exactly what we'd be wanting and stuffed a mailer bag full of needed household/kitchen items as well as many packs of Skittles. Thanks Shae for remembering what volunteers long for after months of being away from home!
A huge thank-you to all three of you for always remembering the rest of us, with both your thoughts and your treats!
In the past six and a half months I've learned it's the other volunteers on this campus who make living here worthwhile. I couldn't have survived here without them. To all the ADRA TZ and CoL volunteers who have been here since September, I love you guys! What am am I going to do without you when I leave? :(
Not to leave anyone out, a giant thank-you to the SAU SM office and all my family members and friends for sending many packages to Tanzania filled with sweets and other exciting items from home. I love you all, too!

4 comments:
Nice write up. So interesting.
what are tubes of mini eggs? is it a new way to package things in the UK?
good thing to have so many nice friends, eh.
CHOCOLATE
No wonder you are such a sweet girl Ali! Nice to read your article here.We miss you but I am sure you are such a blessing and that you are blooming right where you are planted
Post a Comment