After a SJ&C (School of Journalism and Communication) convocation last April I wrote a blog post claiming I was a student in the coolest department/school on Southern's campus. Today I saw a video that again made me believe that. (Click the link. Sorry, I tried to embed the video, but because too many unnecessarily mean and judgmental comments were posted, embedding and commenting had to be disabled.)
Yes, our president, Gordon Bietz, was the star of the performance. Yes students from all buildings on campus took part in the flash mob. But who arranged to film the event and post it on YouTube? A media production major. And who was standing right next to Bietz with a pen and reporter's notepad at the end of the video. A mass communication major. SJ&C students, I miss you and you're awesome (and that goes for faculty, too)! Mr. President, you're pretty cool, too :) Southern, you're a great school!
Yes, our president, Gordon Bietz, was the star of the performance. Yes students from all buildings on campus took part in the flash mob. But who arranged to film the event and post it on YouTube? A media production major. And who was standing right next to Bietz with a pen and reporter's notepad at the end of the video. A mass communication major. SJ&C students, I miss you and you're awesome (and that goes for faculty, too)! Mr. President, you're pretty cool, too :) Southern, you're a great school!

4 comments:
I think Dr. Bietz is possibly the coolest University president of all time.
Great video!
He really is. I mean . . . no contest, right?
Wow! I think if I were sitting in the audience on that convocation day, I'd be totally confused.
I agree. He's quite the president. :)
Way to be spreading the word, Ms. Communications Major. I didn't realize so much was involved with that event and it was fun to watch that video! Thanks!
Post a Comment