Brown globs

One night last week when I was at Cradle of Love holding Nina before bedtime I asked her if she was going to come visit me at my office the next day. She obligingly said 'yes.' Then I asked her if she knew where my office was. Again she said 'yes' (quite confidently, I might add). So I told her that I expected to see her at my office at some point the next day. She closed her eyes, leaned her head back and giggled, her way of saying 'OK,' I guess. Later that evening, after getting the kids to bed, while relaxing in the apartment with Danielle and Kezia, I told them about my exchange with Nina. The next day Danielle planned to surprise me by bringing all the toddlers in preschool to my office for a visit at the end of the day. But it turned out to be a pretty crazy day in preschool and they were all naughty so they weren't able to come see me. That evening Danielle told me about her failed plan to have Nina fulfill her promise to come visit me.

Then on Monday afternoon I heard whispers and 'shhhhs' and little footsteps outside my office door.  A second later the room was filled with two and three-year-olds screaming my name and running around exploring the small space. Danielle and Kezia had brought them all to visit...oh yeah, all except for my girls, twins Anya and Nina, who are both being potty trained and had wet their chupis (chew-peas: underwear) during preschool and had to be sent back to the baby home to be changed.

This afternoon the scene was repeated, but this time the twins were both in attendance! It was so much fun to have all seven toddlers run around the office for a few minutes. Danielle made sure to let me know that Anya had pooped in her chupis, but since Danielle had really wanted both the twins to come visit, she had just taken the chupis off and tried to clean Anya up a bit before bringing the kids on the walk to the ADRA offices. When Nina threw herself at me, arms lifted and begging to be picked up, I made sure she wasn't Anya (they're identical) before hoisting her to my waist and asking her about preschool. Then I let her down so I could get a picture of all the kids and Danielle and Kezia sitting on the chairs in my office (the kids always want to sit on the "big green chairs" when they come visit...they act like it's a big treat). When I put her down I noticed something strange on my T-shirt. I examined it more closely. It was brown. I looked at Nina's mouth, wondering if they'd eaten any chocolate in preschool. Her mouth was clean. Then I got a whiff of the brown glob. Poop. Most definitely poop. I pulled out the hem of my shirt to examine it more closely and saw several other similar globs. "Danielle," I piped up, "I think you got the twins mixed up..." She turned around from where she was trying to arrange them all on the 'special green chairs' and looked where I was pointing. "Oh my goodness!" she exclaimed, "I'm sooo sorry!"

It was kind of gross but I guess that's just what happens when two-year-old identical twins are being potty-trained... In any case, it was still fun to have the toddlers come visit :)
James, Jackson, Nina (the pooper), Tessa, Anya, Lazaro, Hope
Bookended by Danielle and Kezia
Lazaro 'working' on my computer

3 comments:

Jonathan Gerrans said...

oh dear... Haha so did you have a craving for chocolate after that? :D

Robby Van Arsdale said...

EW
GARRANS
NONE OF THAT

Tyler said...

Haha you guys are funny. Also, Ali is the coolest. Funny gross story. Love you.

Post a Comment