...my parents and Bryn drove me to Seattle to fly out to Guatemala where I would work for three and a half months at Hogar Adventista Los Pinos, an orphanage in Guatemala City.
...I was completely confused about a major and an eventual career choice.
...I was dating a guy I didn't love (although I only figured this out during my time in Guatemala).
One month ago today...
...my boyfriend and I watched the sun set from a beach in northern Pemba Island, Tanzania.
...I had a completed degree in Mass Communication and a good idea of what work I'd like to pursue in the future.
...I was completely confused about a major and an eventual career choice.
...I was dating a guy I didn't love (although I only figured this out during my time in Guatemala).
One month ago today...
...my boyfriend and I watched the sun set from a beach in northern Pemba Island, Tanzania.
...I had a completed degree in Mass Communication and a good idea of what work I'd like to pursue in the future.
...Jonathan knelt in the damp sand beside me and asked me to be his wife.
...I said yes! :)
And on a completely different note: I saw a monitor lizard stalking around the bushes behind Max and Davona's kitchen window this afternoon as I walked back from my cottage to the office. It looked so cool I had to stop and watch it for a few minutes. Now I've seen five monitor lizards here: one down by the river not too far from campus (but just the hind legs and tail before he disappeared into the undergrowth), one on safari with Jonathan in January, two at the Majimoto hot springs and then this one on campus today. My question to myself is: why in the world do you think lizards are so cool but snakes are so awful? It really doesn't make sense since they're virtually the same, just one has legs and the other slithers (and the fact that pretty much all the snakes around here can kill a person...).
...I said yes! :)
And on a completely different note: I saw a monitor lizard stalking around the bushes behind Max and Davona's kitchen window this afternoon as I walked back from my cottage to the office. It looked so cool I had to stop and watch it for a few minutes. Now I've seen five monitor lizards here: one down by the river not too far from campus (but just the hind legs and tail before he disappeared into the undergrowth), one on safari with Jonathan in January, two at the Majimoto hot springs and then this one on campus today. My question to myself is: why in the world do you think lizards are so cool but snakes are so awful? It really doesn't make sense since they're virtually the same, just one has legs and the other slithers (and the fact that pretty much all the snakes around here can kill a person...).

6 comments:
Wow that's pretty awesome! :)
@Jonathan: What, the lizard? Or you?
Oh ho ho.
P.S. It was twenty years ago today/Sargent Pepper taught the band to play./They've been going in and out of style/but they're guaranteed to raise a smile./So may I introduce to you/the object(?) after all these years/Sargent Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Baaaaa-ahaaaand.
@Barney: both. everything.
:)
Congratulations!!!
:D It's amazing to see how God has led when we compare the past and the present.
Post a Comment