Honestly...

...if I could, I would do absolutely anything to swap places and circumstances with my baby sister. It's only been a couple days since she got home and already she's longing to go back to Egypt. She never got to say goodbye to her 15 adorable preschool students. She only had one hour to pack as much as she could into one small carry-on bag and to say goodbye to her two Egyptian roommates and her boss and his wife, the couple responsible for her welfare during her time in Cairo. She is lost and aimless, has no idea if she will be able to go back to her mission post for the rest of her scheduled time there, doesn't know what to do with herself after being thrust back into a lifestyle she's now unused to.

Photo credit: expressionsbyglendq
Honestly, I wish it had been Tanzania. No, not really...I love this country and these people too much to wish a similar situation on it/them. But I do wish it had been me who had to get evacuated. Who was back home. Who got to hug my parents, my grandparents. Who could go to a bridal store with my mum and some of my friends for bridesmaid dress try-ons. Who had power all the time and a consistent internet connection to communicate with a certain significant other.

Honestly, I'm a bit jealous Bryn gets to be home...until I think about what she lost, what people fighting for their own rights meant for her year of missions, what she might never get back again. All my desires to be home and feelings about trying to plan a wedding from Tanzania aside, what I really wish is that I could take away Bryn's hurt and pain and frustration at the political situation that started this whole revolution. This must be just the tiniest, most minuscule glimpse of how God feels about all His children. Knowing how Bryn feels almost breaks my heart. But it makes me understand, just a fraction more, why Jesus came down to earth to die for the human race...
Love.

4 comments:

Jonathan Gerrans said...

<3 you

Robby Van Arsdale said...

Wow. Good blog.

Glenda said...

sniff sniff
:)
i am happy to read this but the feelings are right there at the surface.
it was hard to see Bryn so distressed and confused about her new state of nothing to do.
i am so glad things are turned around now and she is looking the other way.
her suitcases are filling fast with new colourful supplies for a certain classroom.

Ashlee said...

Wow, I definitely teared up reading this. No joke. Still praying for you and for Bryn, even though she's all safe and what not.

Post a Comment