Skype date with vespers!

Last Friday my student missions coordinator, Rebeca, sent me a message asking if I wanted to Skype for this week's SM vespers with Jordan and Ruth, two SMs from Southern who work at an orphanage about fifteen minutes away from the ADRA campus. I talked to Jordan about it at church last week and we made some preliminary plans. We've been communicating during the week and finalized our plans last night. So, for all of you who want to see my smiling face on a big screen tonight, go to SM vespers! And for those of you who can't attend, don't forget there's always the webstreaming :) Now, I just have to make sure my room is clean and move in another mattress before 6 p.m. when Jordan and Ruth get here. And then we can't forget to be at my office for a pre-test Skype with Rebeca and Southern's chaplain, Pastor Brennon, at 1 a.m. (6 p.m. Eastern). Thankfully Pastor Brennon will be going over his questions with us then so we'll have a couple hours to think up good responses.  Then the real vespers Skype will take place at 3 a.m. local time (8 p.m. Eastern). Hope I'm awake enough to be semi-interesting...ahhh, this is half exciting and half terrifying! Pray for us, please!

In other news, Max was in Dar es Salaam for part of the week and brought my residence visa home with him! Yay, it's finally here and I'm not illegal anymore!! Take a look. (Sorry for the picture quality. I had to set my camera on a shelf in my clothes cupboard and put it on timer...)
I'm now a legal resident of Tanzania!

7 comments:

Stephen said...

This is awesome!!! I am so utterly excited!

Jonathan Gerrans said...

I'll be watching! :)

ewecker said...

Wonderful. i am so happy for you. And also exciting about your talking on Skype. Will continue to pray for you.

Christen said...

Hurray! (about everything)

I hope I'll remember to watch it tonight. I would like to hear what you have to say. :)

Christen said...

Yay! I saw you. :) Wish you guys could've said more, but the poor connection probably had something to do with that. God bless!

Robby Van Arsdale said...

I SAWWWWW YUUUUU

Ali said...

Awww, glad you got the online streaming to work, Christen, and that you were at vespers, Robby. We had such a great time doing the Skype although we were sad our internet connection wasn't better:( We were just praying it would last throughout the interview time and God came through on that. Now we miss Southern more than ever, though...

Post a Comment