Chosen x2

I might have posted that last blog prematurely. Tonight when I came into the baby home to play with the kids before their bedtime Nina ran straight to me and hugged my legs. I scooped her up and kissed her cheek. All of a sudden another little body hit the back of my legs and grabbed on. I looked down and there was Anya. Or was it? Lately the nannies have been doing the older girl's hair up really cute since it's starting to get longer. As I peered down at the toddler clinging to my legs I realized her hair was done the same way that Nina's had been the night before. I looked at the girl in my arms. Yep, that was how Anya's hair had looked last night, too. I checked her wrist, just to be sure, although I knew I was right... So it seems both the twins want my attention. I guess now I'm back to square one again with regards to being able to tell them apart (other than hair, which is prone to sudden changes anyway and, of course, the scar). In any case, it's totally fine with me. I don't mind having more babies to love:)
Anya (L) and Nina (R) making me kulala (sleep)
Photo credit: Taken by Anika on Kezia's camera
On a completely unrelated note, tonight as I walked from my room to the office to use the wired internet there, I looked up into the incredibly beautiful starry sky and saw Orion. Finding him in Africa shocked me. I'm in the southern hemisphere. I thought I couldn't see the same constellations from here as I could in the north (and until tonight I haven't been able to find any constellations I recognize, not even the Dippers). I stared quite hard at the group of stars, just to make sure my eyes weren't just playing tricks on me. But there he was - Orion, bright and clear, although laying on his side instead of standing up straight like I'm used to seeing. Just gazing at something so familiar to me, particularly my favourite constellation, from all the way across 10 time zones made me smile. I spent a few minutes looking for the southern cross, but since I don't know what it looks like to begin with, of course I couldn't find it. Hopefully I can locate it sometime before I leave here.
Orion in Africa

4 comments:

KJM said...

love knowing those sweet girls have chosen you!! I was their nanny while I was there and they are the funniest kids!! enjoy!!

Ashlee said...

Orion's my favorite constellation, and it was definitely weird to see him in the Southern Hemisphere. Lying on his side, yes, and up very early or very late, but still there. I've seen that constellation in every country I've ever been to thus far. It's like a comforting hello from God, for me, anyway.

ewecker said...

Lovely to see a new blog. Never tired of reading about your activities.

Christen said...

Great pictures!!

Post a Comment