Posted by
Ali
I escorted Bryn to the airport this afternoon and said goodbye. It was a bit sad, but not really excessively so since I'll see her in just a little over a month when I fly up to Egypt for Christmas. This week (minus being forced to spend an entire work day sitting in the most dreadfully dull meeting I have ever attended) was amazing! (Especially after I got out of the other two days of the meetings:) We talked pretty much non-stop, went to Arusha, walked around the ADRA campus and the grounds of the Danish language centre next door, went out to eat at Tanz-Hand's twice, played with the babies at Cradle of Love, spent an afternoon at the Mt. Meru Game Lodge where we looked at local animals in cages and pens and talked even more, went on a morning safari to Arusha National Park, spent an afternoon at a lodge pool with other volunteers, and visited Havilah Village orphanage. I really can't believe we did all of that in only five days, but we did. Here's the proof:
 |
| Bryn's first picture in Tanzania in the taxi from the airport |
 |
| Eating at Africafe in Arusha |
 |
| Presenting an eland at Mt. Meru Game Lodge in Usa River |
 |
| Waiting for our food at Tanz-Hands cafe in Usa River |
 |
| Bryn giving Jacob a helicopter ride |
 |
| Me playing with Jayline before 'snackie' |
 |
| At the overlook into Ngurdoto Crater on safari at Arusha N.P. |
 |
| With our safari guide, Joseph |
 |
The giraffes walked right up next to our car!
We found other animals too, but none came as close to us, therefore were not as cool. |
 |
| Bryn driving Joseph's taxi on the left side of the road |
 |
Ngurdoto Mountain Lodge pool
(for some reason we didn't get pictures together there) |
 |
| Hanging out with Ruth, Jordan and their kids at Havilah |
Plus more pictures on
Facebook.
I had such a great time being able to hang out with my little sis again. Now I can't wait until we can do it all over again in Egypt! Only 33 more days...
3 comments:
Great pics! :) You guys sure had a blast!
Aww, that's awesome!! I second Jonathan. Great pictures!!! I can't wait to see the ones you take in Egypt. :D
Poor girl. You sound lonesome already. I hope you get to see Bryna soon. Love you and keep up your courage.
Post a Comment