Egypt troubles

Egyptians are unhappy with their government. There are protests in Cairo, in Alexandria (where the bombing took place early New Year's Day while I was in Egypt), in Suez. Police are throwing rocks at the massive crowds, shooting rubber bullets, real bullets and canisters of tear gas, kidnapping protesters and taking them off to undisclosed locations. People are dying. And my sister lives there, in the middle of all the chaos. I'm worried for her, for her roommates, for the other families who live at the SDA Egypt Field Office complex, for her students. I want to talk to her but I can't. Egypt has gone offline. I last talked to her Wednesday night. Who knows when I'll be able to again. I'm praying for her safety, for all those involved in the conflicts and riots and government politics, for all the citizens of Egypt. Could you, too?

*News updates here: http://twitter.com/globeandmail/egypt-9#

7 comments:

Shae Shae Fantastica said...

Ali, I just sent a text to the worship coordinator for my church. Its 7:30 a.m. and she can get it in the announcements list from the pulpit. I am about to skype with you (the K.A.D.)and we'll talk more than. However, I just want you to know, in case you don't come over to skype, that she is on my mind!

Ashlee said...

Yeah, I'm most definitely praying for her, and for the people with her.

ewecker said...

Oh so sad . Hope Bryn keeps safe.

Ali said...

Shae, that was amazing to read and to talk to you about. I can't believe the whole Florida Hospital Church is praying for Bryn. That is a huge comfort. We've heard from her now over the phone and they're figuring out what's best for her to do. She doesn't want to come home but she might come here to TZ until things settle down.

Jonathan Gerrans said...

Wow i totally missed all this...

Christen said...

Glad to know you heard from her. I heard about that today and immediately thought of her. I will pray for her too.

Glenda said...

how simply wonderful to have such loving caring friends and family and also strangers all praying for our loved daughter and sister.... thanks everyone... God is in charge and we can trust in Him.

Post a Comment