When I went to check the mail on Wednesday afternoon I found a package from Anika, a former Cradle of Love volunteer who left in December. Danielle, Kezia and I opened the package tonight and found candy, pictures and letters for the current Cradle volunteers and also for the preschoolers and her baby, James. The card on one bag of candy, juicy Haribo gummy bears, was addressed to two volunteers who didn't get along with Anika while she was here. I was impressed. These girls were quiet rude and nasty to Anika (and to other volunteers as well) virtually the whole three months she was at Cradle. But Anika was thoughtful enough to include a treat for them from their homeland.
I'm constantly learning lessons from the people who live and work here. Anika was one of the less religious volunteers but with her package and the peace offering of candy she showed a caring and forgiving spirit. I still have so much room to grow.
I'm constantly learning lessons from the people who live and work here. Anika was one of the less religious volunteers but with her package and the peace offering of candy she showed a caring and forgiving spirit. I still have so much room to grow.

2 comments:
That's cool. :) We can certainly learn a lot from each other.
so many things to learn and so many wonderful teachers.
Post a Comment