Compliment

During work today Simon paid me one of the nicest compliments I think I've ever received. While talking about Adventism I told him some of our beliefs and how we, as a church, felt about some issues. He responded that Max's beliefs sometimes seem arbitrary and noninclusive. "I think Max's beliefs might turn some people off from Adventism," he concluded. "But your style of Adventism, you could sell that! You and Danielle and Shae, your style is so inclusive, nonagressive and welcoming. I could really see people being drawn to that portrayal of the religion."

One thing I've really appreciated about this mission experience is being able to live near and get to know so many people of different faith/religious backgrounds than my own. I've learned so much from all of them and I've been hoping they've learned from me too. Simon's comment today really surprised me but it also made me realize that maybe I am being a witness to others on this campus without even knowing it.

5 comments:

Jonathan Gerrans said...

Awesome! :)

Shae Shae Fantastica said...

Um, hello! This is awesome! And yes, this is what "sharing your faith" is supposed to be. We aren't supposed to be offensive or exclusive. The hope is that we will always be warm and inclusive. I think this is the movement of young SDA's to not "recruit" others to Adventism, but to be loving and share our faith... for the sake of sharing. And you should be proud of yourself Ali. I don't think that God wants us to only be with other SDA's. Because the world is a bigger and cooler place than the "bubble of Adventism". And I am so pleased that Simon feels that our beliefs and the way that the three of us live out our beliefs is a good thing. That's awesome.

e wecker said...

Good going girls. Keep up the good , quiet witnessing. It works.

Christen said...

Wow! That IS an incredibly beautiful compliment. :) Way to be a follower of Christ! :)

Glenda said...

just smiling and crying. again. i miss you!!!

Post a Comment