I had a dream last night that I was living here in TZ but the country had somehow moved up to the Red Sea region in northern Africa. In my dream I woke up one night while sleeping in the top bunk of a rickety bunk bed and realized there was a cougar in my house and I had to protect all the people living there. Apparently one of my friends from Maine found out I needed help because suddenly she was standing below the bed and ready to assist me in capturing the cougar. (She was also living in a country bordering the Red Sea - I believe she actually lived in Haiti, but it was moved over to that part of the world, too.) Anyway we ended up hitting the cougar using the only weapons we could find - cloth bags (like the ones here made of kanga material) that had rocks in them - and finally subdued the cat enough to stuff it into a bathroom and jam a chair under the door knob. Then everyone else in the house woke up and freaked out and called the fire department to get the animal out of our house. And my friend disappeared sometime after the fire department arrived during all the cougar-removal excitement.
Haha, it was a very weird dream but I woke up laughing (mostly about how the countries had moved around). When I started work this morning I wrote my friend about the dream. I figured she deserved to know she helped fight a cougar last night. And I thought you guys might enjoy reading about the weirdness of it, too. Thanks for having my dream-back, Lauren!
Haha, it was a very weird dream but I woke up laughing (mostly about how the countries had moved around). When I started work this morning I wrote my friend about the dream. I figured she deserved to know she helped fight a cougar last night. And I thought you guys might enjoy reading about the weirdness of it, too. Thanks for having my dream-back, Lauren!

2 comments:
Haha, great dream! :)
Hehe. That is fun. :) I'm surprised you weren't terrified during the dream, though. I mean, fighting a cougar?
Post a Comment